Body of Dust

Searching and learning; a disciple of God. A journal focused on my spiritual growth and my relationship with God. I update as often as I feel reasonable, and feel comfortable sharing these experiences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

I'm 20yrs old living in Southwest Florida and attending Florida Gulf Coast Univ for my second year.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Further Background, Part 2

Maybe 'Soapbox' will be our new name for the band... I like it.

Anyways, those are what I see as my strengths. And now I will tell you my weaknesses:

I am a poor Bible reader, I have difficulty studying it every day as I'm sure many do. But my favorite book is Revelations; I don't try to predict the end-times, but I like reading about how it happens, and God's victory over all forces.

I am a young man, so sins of the flesh are not new to me. I constantly fight and pray these things away; I continually give them to God, asking him to take them from me. It's a constant test.

I do have a sense of pride and anger, like most people, and I have doubted God before at a few times in my life. I do greed things that are not mine, and I have a strong passion for cars, some may call it unhealthy.

I am constantly told that I am human, and these things are healthy and natural. Granted, I'm sure they are for this world, but there exists something further beyond that and that is God's world, and He has called me to a higher level and standard. So, I strive to perfect myself in everything I do.

HEB 4:14-16

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home